Sunday, May 12, 2013

Summer Placemats!

My new issue of McCall's Quilting arrived and it fell open to this page:

It was telling me that I had to make this a priority project!  This picture doesn't really do the placemats justice, but you can find the free pattern here.  The appliqued pocket is the perfect place for tucking in napkins and silverware. 

The fabric is Don't Be Crabby and Kona solids, all from Robert Kaufman designs.  A set of these would be fun for an outdoor barbeque or just for a summer lunch with the kids.

And speaking of summer, we had snow two weeks ago and the temperature today will be in the 90's! In Utah, winter turns into summer with a quick flash of lightning.  Every year it surprises me that our spring season lasts about two weeks.  I'm not complaining since summer is my favorite season.  Hot dogs, picnics, popscicles, and flipflops!  Absolute heaven.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment and please keep it clean!